You are here
Sri Sri University
LEARN. LEAD. SERVE.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has envisioned a remarkable university – one that is uniquely positioned to educate students to become national and international leaders and socially responsible global citizens. Graduates will join the workforce as physicians, engineers, attorneys, scientists, professors, entrepreneurs, journalists, and more. Features of Sri Sri University include rigorous academic studies, research centers, physical fitness facilities, highly qualified staff, and an overarching focus on entrepreneurship and public service.
Sri Sri University will accept its first class of students in July 2012. Construction of the University is ongoing, on a phased schedule, and will be complete by 2017.
Take a virtual tour of the campus
Memorandum of Understanding signed with State Government of Orissa to establish Sri Sri University
Former Chief Election Commissioner Mr. T.N. Sheshan appointed University President Designate
Orissa State Cabinet moves bill to deem SSU an Autonomous Educational Institution
Orissa Assembly passes Sri Sri University Bill
Orissa State Governor gives his assent to the Sri Sri University Bill
SSU Board of Governors appointed
Jaisim Fountainhead selected as the lead architect
SSU will offer Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in multiple disciplines under the banner of several colleges:
- Management Studies
- Technology and Sciences
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Governance & Public Policy
- Health Science
- Yoga & Vedic Sciences
- Fine Arts
Sri Sri University's Value-Add
AOLHET: Why sponsor Sri Sri University?
AOLHET has identified fundraising for SSU as a key initiative in 2010-2013:
With its concept of values-based education, SSU brings a new model of sustainable development.
- SSU will set the standard for world-class, human values-based education in developing countries.
- SSU’s human values-based curriculum will stress academic excellence, real-world professional skills, and ethics and public service.
- SSU’s student body will represent an international community of scholars, emerging leaders and budding entrepreneurs.
- SSU’s diverse curriculum is being developed by top minds from across the world.
- SSU will provide a lasting testament to quality education and opportunities for students from developed and developing countries to learn, lead, and serve.
SSU supports the implementation of the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals to eradicate extreme poverty and achieve education in the world's poorest countries.
- SSU will stimulate development in Orissa, a state in India whose citizens face remarkable barriers to accessing education and healthcare. With 36 million people, Orissa has only 5 universities and 7 major hospitals. Its literacy rate ranks in the bottom third of Indian states, with less than 20% of tribal population literate. What's more, 72% of children under 3 years old are anemic and 65% of its households lack access to clean drinking water.
- SSU will further the national goal of increasing school and college enrollment in India, including through the education of more women.
- SSU will stem the flow of students to institutions outside India and introduce new professionals needed in the Indian economy.
We need your help!
Sri Sri University is at an exciting stage of development where your contribution will make a significant impact on the establishment of the institution and serve as a permanent reminder of the importance of education and healthcare across the world. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation.